Energy, which was originally located in Trigg County, was established by Rev. F.M. McCawley around 1893.
Energy received its name from the fact that McCawley was well known for his excessive amount of energy. Not only was McCawley a full time Baptist minister, he also operated a store, a farm and a mill. McCawley also served as Energy's first postmaster from 1893 until 1902.
©BETWEEN THE RIVERS