CARMACK, KY
Lyon County
 
 

Carmack, which was originally known as Pottertown, was located in Lyon County close to the Cumberland River and established around 1890.

Pottertown got its name from J. Frank Bonner who operated a pottery factory as well as a general merchandise store.

The settlement later changed its name to Carmack. The settlement was located close to Carmack Creek and for most of the citizens of Pottertown, it only made sense to rename the growing settlement, making it easier for travelers to find their community.

 It was also believed that Carmack Creek received its name from a U.S. Senator from Tennessee named Edward W. Carmack. Carmack was not the only community that could have been named for an important individual from this region.
 
 

Map shows only Lyon County portion of Land Between The Lakes

Map shows only Lyon County portion of Land Between The Lakes

©BETWEEN THE RIVERS