CROSS ROADS BAPTIST CHURCH
Lyon County, KY
 

Cross roads Baptist Church was located on the Eddyville Ferry Road about 3 miles south of the Ferry.  It was one of the newer churches in Lyon County built from concrete block and painted.

On October 6, 1946, a group of interested people met with a presbytery composed of pastors and deacons from other churches at Dickerson Cemetery in Lyon County to organize this church.

The following members were given letters of good standing from Bethlehem Baptist Church and they became charter members of Cross Roads:
Bro. Daniel Fox, Sis. Margurite Fox, Sis. Ramona Fox, Bro. Alfred Fox, Sis. Hallie Fox, Sis. J. B. Rowland, Bro. Eugene Fox, Sis. Nadine Fox, Bro. Howard Barnett, Sis. Valeria Barnett, Bro. Jack Wells, Sis. Ruth Rowland, Sis. Louise Rowland and Bro. R. V. Ramey.

Some of the ministers were: Rev. Henry Rowland, Rev. M. R. Ramey, Rev. R. V. Ramey, Rev. L. M. Brann, Rev. James Duncan, Rev. Ish Ritchie, Rev. Walter Johnson, Rev. Glendale Sullivan, Rev. Don Moore, Rev. Aubert Rose and Rev. Charles McGregor.
 
 


Photo courtesy of ©Margaret Chambers



Cross Roads Baptist Church
(Click on Picture for Larger Image *warning* large file!)
Photo Courtesy of ©Tripp Scott




Cross Roads Baptist Church
(Click on Picture for Larger Image *warning* large file!)
Photo Courtesy of ©Tripp Scott



Cross Roads Baptist Church from afar
(Click on Picture for Larger Image *warning* large file!)
Photo Courtesy of ©Tripp Scott



 

©BETWEEN THE RIVERS